Auditoria Student Staff
Job Vacancy Number: #7919064 | All on-campus jobs can be Federal Work-Study jobs
NAU Auditoria is recruiting for the Fall 2023 Semester!
Auditoria staff is an integral part of the smooth execution of events in Ardrey Auditorium, Kitt Recital Hall, and Ashurst Hall on NAU Campus. Staff begins in Front of House as an Usher and further training is provided for Stage, Audio, Video, Rigging, Lighting, and Management. Ushers work with the public during performances to provide audience members with programs, scan tickets, clean before and after events, and enforce appropriate house rules. Stage work may include performing functions assigned by the Stage Manager to move equipment, operate theatrical lighting/sound, and perform cleaning/maintenance tasks. Scheduling and availability of hours are subject to the event schedule and will fluctuate weekly.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow the written rules and regulations provided by Auditoria Management
- Use skills and training to ensure the safety of the public, performers, and fellow crew members
- Exhibit professional demeanor to promote a positive NAU/Auditoria experience for all users
- Operate equipment safely and use good judgment
- Arrive to shift on time and in proper uniform
- Follow all University and State regulated Safe Working and Learning Environment Rules and procedures https://nau.edu/equity-and-access/forms-policies/
- Must be an active NAU student (i.e. enrolled in classes and degree or certification seeking).
- Positive demeanor and willingness to work with the public.
- Communication skills with people in one-on-one and group environments.
- Demonstrated personal initiative and responsibility.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that may be asked of an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, hear, and walk for extended lengths of time. This job requires lifting, pushing, pulling, reaching with hands and arms, climbing or balancing, stooping or kneeling, moving and carrying items up to 50 pounds (unassisted) and 75 pounds (with assistance). May also be required to use ladders, boom lifts, or other equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job may include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The use of walkie-talkies and wearing of earbud communications for long periods during events may also be required.
- Previous related work or volunteer experience in a theatre setting.
- Federal Work Study (FWS) is preferred but not required.
Federal Work-Study eligible students are encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual-career couples. EEO Law Poster NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.