STC Student Support Tech - Hiring for Summer/Fall 2019!!!
Job Vacancy Number: 201240 | All on-campus jobs can be Federal Work-Study jobs
About this Position
The Student Technology Center is currently hiring for Summer and Fall 2019. The STC assists students, faculty, and staff with a variety of technology issues, including Blackboard Learn, troubleshooting wireless and wired internet connections on ResNet, G Suite for Education, and PeopleSoft/LOUIE over the phone, in-person, through email, and using remote assistance tools.
Support is provided 24x7 during the fall and spring semesters. Applicants will be expected to arrive on campus and work the week before classes start, and work through finals week. Student Techs will be expected to attend periodic training sessions.
This is a customer service position—your interpersonal skills will weigh as heavily as your technical ability in our consideration.
- Must be an active NAU student (i.e. enrolled in classes and degree- or certification-seeking)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in learning and using new technology
- Experience in customer service with a professional and courteous demeanor
- Attention to details, especially related to support processes and procedures
- Ability to quickly absorb knowledge about a wide variety of technical topics
- Federal Work-Study (FWS) Eligible students are encouraged to apply
- Experience providing technical support over the phone or in person
- Knowledge of modern Windows and Mac operating systems
- Familiarity with mobile devices
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to thrive in a constantly evolving, fast-paced environment
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples. EEO Law Poster NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.